We were thrilled with the super variety of PlusPlus sets we were sent and thoroughly enjoyed trying them out. This is the perfect start for a child’s PlusPlus collection. Why the name? The building blocks look like two attached plus signs – it’s that simple!
The 600 pieces are packed in a lovely blue metal mini-suitcase, with rubber handle and metal clip. Inside, there’s a baseplate, 500 basic pieces and 100 lovely bright neon pieces; there’s also a guidebook to get children started, but they will soon be creating their own designs. It’s excellent to see a different construction toy on the market, and especially one which really encourages children to develop their own creativity, as PlusPlus® does. We were sent a selection from the range, which is impressively large – you can see the whole range if you follow this link to Amazon, The concept is simple – every block is the same shape, and they can be slotted together to create 3D models or mosaics. The Midi range is suitable for children from 1 – 6; the Mini range for 5+; I love the fact there are two sizes. The pieces slot together easily and hold their shape well. The packs come with instruction books which show a range of suggested models – do advise your child to start off with these, before letting them use their own creativity and imagination – the toy really encourages this with its flexibility. There are a range of themed sets as well as mixed boxes of varying styles and cost – always something to choose as a gift! The themes include pirates, aircraft and safari; each box shows the contents so you can organise the collection. There are basic colours, neon and pastel – a great range.
Like all construction toys, PlusPlus helps with fine motor skills, imagination, design skills, problem solving and concentration, as well as sorting and counting. The attention to detail continues with the packaging – the tubes are lovely to use and will, hopefully, encourage children to tidy up! “Plus-Plus is a privately owned Danish company established as an independent company in 2009. Plus-Plus building bricks allow kids of all ages to create mosaics and 3D designs. Even curves are possible thanks to the unique design of this simple shape! Plus-Plus develops the imagination and creativity of children and appeals equally to boys and girls. Once Plus-Plus has been tried out it becomes a kid´s favourite. Durable fun lasting a childhood – that is the essence of Plus-Plus. An unusual and excellent construction toy which, as a result of its unique design, doesn’t limit children’s creativity – find out more on the PlusPlus website.
- The Plus-Plus Pastel Mix Tube Construction Blocks is a tube which contains 15 large-size (50mm) simple shapes, perfect for first construction efforts and recommended for children of 1+ (but under supervision, of course), in delicate pastel colours.
- The Plus-Plus Midi Robots Building Set is great fun as children can create their very own robots in a range of bright colours – there are 50 shapes across seven colours.
- Plus-Plus Tiger Tube Building Set has 100 pieces for children to create their own fearsome beasts – and to enjoy imaginative play with them after.
- Our second tube of 20mm pieces is the Plus-Plus Union Jack Tube Building Set – there are 15 different tubes to choose from, so there’s something for every child.
- Plus-Plus Neon Safari Building Set – 480 mini neon pieces to stage a whole zoo/safari scene.
- Plus-Plus Jewellery Pastel Mix Construction Blocks – this is a very girly one, recommended ages 5-12, with 70 pieces, and will be thoroughly enjoyed for its decorative value.